Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reach For The Stars - Spinner Card




I made this card for one of my little nephews. He's going to have so much fun playing with it--I know I did...I was addicted. I just kept spinning the little monkey back and forth...back and forth...back and forth...well, you get the idea.

Made the card out of tulip card stock. Stamped some paper with the grid lines from PTI then stamped in the monkey and dream big images from a CTMH stamp set.

I cut the little insert out for my spinner and marked my cardstock so I could line up the "reach for the stars" stamp. I then mounted the stamped cardstock over the base. I adhered a little bit of embossed cardstock to the card. I punched out a couple of circles - embossed them and mounted them onto the card. I cut out the dream big image and covered it with liquid glass and glued to the circles and I added some twine.

For the spinner I cut out a circle, mounted two pennies to the back using the foam mount (which I cut in a circle--that's how the spinner spins) and then added my image. I also added liquid glass on my image and stuck the spinner into the grooves.
Hope you enjoy...

Cardstock: CTMH (Tulip and White Daisy)
Ink: CTMH
Stamps: PTI (Gridlines) and CTMH (Dream Big)
Other: Liquid Glass - CTMH; Twine - PTI; Cuttlebug

No comments: